Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is a powerful, science-based approach that advances skills of learners by breaking skills down into smaller, teachable components. Then the components are taught using errorless teaching methods and differential reinforcement.
For more information, click on the following link:
Because it works!! Over 30 years of published articles exist citing the effectiveness of ABA.
How does ABA work?
- Skills are broken down into multiple components
- Each skill is taught through repetition and reinforcement
- Errorless teaching procedures are used to promote learning
- Most effective, least restrictive prompts are used to promote learning
- Differential reinforcement is used to promote skill development
- All decisions are data driven
- Literature-based teaching methods are adapted to meet the individual students’ needs
Common Misconceptions About ABA
The following link sums up misconceptions about ABA:
ABA is not just a treatment for children with autism. That is a common misconception about ABA. At Kid Mechanix Inc., we work with a vary of different individuals – some with a diagnosis, some without. Kid Mechanix, Inc. prides itself in using a ‘best practice’ approach to ABA/IBI.
Sign up for our FREE training!
Join our free training and learn what you need to know about assessing a new client's skill level - beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
BONUS: You'll receive a download of our Intake Assessment Tool!