Does your child have attention difficulties and/or a language delay?
Is your child transitioning from 1:1 IBI to a group setting?
Kid Mechanix is offering an integrated school readiness experience for children 3 to 6 years of age.
Children are divided into 3:1 groups according to age and development.
Classes are offered from 12:30-3:00 (with the option of attending Mon-Fri, Mon/Wed/Fri or Tues/Thurs)
Click here for 2018/19 School Readiness Information Package
Goals of the School Readiness Program:
- To expose children to a small peer group where they can increase vocabulary, social communication, and play skills.
- For children to practice sharing, turntaking, following teachers’ instructions, social communication with typically developing peers.
- To give children more opportunities to be successful through the use of visuals and reinforcement systems.
Key Elements of the School Readiness Program:
- Teacher-based instruction
- Group co-operative gross motor games
- Lunch and outside time with typically developing peers
- Integration into First Foundations to practice social skills
- Sharing, turn-taking games
- Toy play – extending time on task, sharing, etc.
- Interactive circle time
- Independent activities
Kid Mechanix Academy now has two locations!
Contact us today for a free intake assessment.