- To redefine the potential of children and youth by providing individualized, evidence-based
- To enhance the quality of life of families by applying the highest standard of excellence to produce
measureable changes in behaviour.
- To make learning fun!
Role of a Kid Mechanix Consultant:
- Accelerates learning by providing regular updates to the ABA program (typically 10% of ABA
- Ensures that the ABA program does not get stagnant by collecting and analyzing graphically
displayed program data
- Trains ABA therapists (typically hired by the client) to implement the ABA program and drive it
forward for best outcome
- Conducts initial assessments prior to treatment in order to make data-based decisions about
learning and behaviour change (e.g., (ABLLS-R, VBMAPP, ESDM, AFLS, functional behaviour
assessments, preference assessments, etc.)
- Creates and personalizes individual ABA/IBI programs, based on assessment and parents goals
- Develops and brings materials for successful implementation of the program
Data-Based Approaches / Risk-Benefit Analysis:
- ABA/IBI is empirically supported with over 45 years of research.
- Kid Mechanix will not provide treatment approaches that are not supported by a body of scientific
evidence. (e.g., facilitated communication, sensory integration, diet advice, etc.)
- If a parent chooses to utilize a therapy that is not empirically supported, please note that Kid
Mechanix will not be held responsible.
- In those instances where more than one scientifically-supported treatment has been established,
additional factors may be considered in selecting interventions (i.e., efficiency and costeffectiveness,
risks and side-effects of the interventions, client preference, practitioner experience
- KM Consultants, to the extent possible, appraise the effects (positive or negative) of any
treatments that might impact the goals of the behaviour-change programs
Duties of an Instructor Therapist (IT):
- IT’s are hired directly by the family in order to reduce the costs of therapy and increase
accountability that the parents have
- IT’s are the front line workers. Their role is a direct teaching role, implementing KM’s ABA
program with your child
- IT’s are responsible for maintaining the program binder, collecting and analyzing data, and
advancing the program conditions as outlined by the KM Consultant in order to maximize learning
- IT’s communicate regularly with the KM Consultant, other team members, and parents
For more information or to schedule an intake, contact us.