This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.kidmechanix.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Kid Mechanix is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Kid Mechanix only has access to/collect information that you voluntarily provide us via email or other direct contact from you. Kid Mechanix will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Kid Mechanix will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. Kid Mechanix will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request (e.g., to ship an order, collaborate with other professionals on your child’s team with written consent, etc.).
Unless you ask Kid Mechanix not to, Kid Mechanix may contact you via email in the future to communicate with you about events, services, or changes to policies.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Kid Mechanix occasionally will use an email scheduler for updates about services, events, or changes to policies/calendar. You can unsubscribe to those emails at any time with the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. You can do the following at any time by contacting Kid Mechanix via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Kid Mechanix takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the www.kidmechanix.com website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever Kid Mechanix collects sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to Kid Mechanix in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While Kid Mechanix uses encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, Kid Mechanix also protects your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers in which Kid Mechanix stores personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Terms and Conditions
Resources found on this website are the exclusive property of Kid Mechanix (unless otherwise specified). It can be distributed in its current form. Information cannot be changed or sold.
Any resources found on this website is for information purposes and should not be construed as specific advice for your situation. For individualized advice requiring a BCBA, please contact one in your area (or book coaching sessions through Kid Mechanix).
Kid Mechanix has an open-door policy (during COVID-19, we have arranged observations via zoom), which means that caregivers may observe their child during individual programming. To maintain client confidentiality and reduce the risk of observing others’ therapy programming, observations can be conducted via zoom for 1:1 programming (not during group programming), in a private therapy room.
We ask for notice to arrange a private viewing space to set up the video call. A concerted effort is taken to minimize exposure to your child’s programming by others, but it is possible that other parents may inadvertently witness your child’s programming. As such, you will be asked to sign a confidentiality waiver. Under no circumstance, will other observers view your child’s data or files.
Other caregivers may overhear instructor feedback about your child at drop-off or pick up. If you have anything confidential to say, please discuss this with instructors outside of earshot of other caregivers and/or schedule an appointment for a private conversation.
Email may be intercepted between the sender and the receiver and is therefore neither secure nor confidential. Your continued use of email communication confirms that you accept this risk. Kid Mechanix will abbreviate names (using learner’s initials instead) in emails to help increase confidentiality. We typically communicate via email (which includes but is not limited to meeting notes, data sheets, program materials, assessments) – unless you opt out.
Contact Kid Mechanix immediately if you choose to opt out of email communication.
Online Data Storage
Kid Mechanix stores data sheets and program materials on Google Drive. Confidential information is stored on Sync (sync.com), which is a PHIPPA compliant cloud-based storage.
Contact Kid Mechanix immediately If you do not agree to the use of Google Drive and Sync with respect to your child’s programming.
There are often opportunities for a client to participate in tele-health (video) supervision, and/or consultation and therapy sessions (i.e., zoom). This includes remote supervision by a BCBA.
- Purpose and Benefit: the purpose of the video consultation is to enable clients who are receiving virtual therapy via telehealth to access therapy sessions and supervision/consultation without face-to-face interaction.
- Confidentiality: reasonable and appropriate efforts have been made to eliminate any confidentiality risks associated with the video consultation. All existing confidentiality protections under federal and provincial law apply to information disclosed during this video consultation. The consultation is conducted using PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act) compliant video software (i.e., zoom).
- Risks and Consequences: the video consultation will be similar to routine BCBA consultation/supervision, except interactive video technology will allow the caregiver(s) to communicate with the BCBA at a distance and will allow the BCBA to observe the caregiver(s) interacting with their child and provide feedback at a distance. A video therapy session would be similar to a routine therapy session whereby the staff implements direct ABA therapy services, except interactive video technology will allow the client to communicate with the staff at a distance. Note: the use of video technology to deliver behavioural healthcare and educational services is a new technology and may not be equivalent to direct client to provider contact.
- Rights: you may withdraw consent for any video session or consultation without impact on your right to future care or treatment, or without risking withdrawal from program benefits to which you would otherwise be entitled. To terminate services, please see the Termination Policy outlined in this document.
As programs are tailored to the unique behaviours, environmental variables, assessment results, and goals of each client, Kid Mechanix involves parents and caregivers in the process for behaviour change programs (including skill acquisition and behaviour reduction programs).
To expedite program delivery and behaviour change, Kid Mechanix may update behaviour change programs without written consent every single time. However, an updated data sheet and/or behaviour protocol will be sent to parents/caregivers for review. Parent feedback is an essential part of the process, so if there are adjustments that parents would like to be made to the program, they can contact Kid Mechanix for clarification.
Contact Kid Mechanix immediately if you would prefer to give written consent for every program change (acknowledging that this may slow down your child’s rate of progress).
Any programming issues or concerns are to be addressed directly with Kid Mechanix, and not through a third party, so that we may determine a plan to move forward/rectify the situation.
Occasionally, programming purposes require the use of photo or video (to be used during certain programs or to communicate with staff on how they are implementing a program/show client progress). These photos and videos are strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone besides parents and direct team members. Kid Mechanix will communicate with parents prior to using photos and/or videos for programming purposes.
Kid Mechanix programs are designed to be intensive whereby commitment and attendance is required to ensure the maximum benefits of all learners.
If a learner does not attend two or more times within one month for two months, Kid Mechanix has the right to terminate services.
Kid Mechanix understands that life happens, and cancellations need to be made. Sessions can be cancelled via email or phone call to the Executive Director or Program Supervisor. Cancellations with less than 24-hour notice will not be reimbursed, but under rare circumstances, make-up sessions may be able to be scheduled.
Kid Mechanix dedicates staff to work directly with learners, and missed sessions negatively impact learning and momentum, as well as scheduling for staff and learners.
Kid Mechanix does not give refunds or credits when someone chooses to leave the program part-way through. Most of our expenses are incurred before the start of the program to create individualized plans.
In the event that you would like to terminate services with Kid Mechanix, we require written/email notice given at least 2 weeks prior to the end date.
Late Pick-Up Policy
There will be a late pick-up fee of $20.00 for every 10 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time. The late fee will be invoiced accordingly.
Payment and Fees
Parents/Caregivers must submit a credit card upon registration to be kept on file for billing purposes. Invoices for the month will be sent at the end of the month, and payment is due 15 days after receipt of the invoice. A receipt can be available 3-4 days after payment has been received.
Payments can be made via cash, cheque, or e-transfer. Payments made by credit card are subject to an additional 3% fee to process the payment.
There will be additional charges for meetings and phone calls that are more than 30 minutes (at a prorated hourly rate).
All efforts will be made to notify parents with late payments. If payments are not made, or exceptions communicated, Kid Mechanix will process the payment with the credit card on file with the 3% processing fee plus an additional late payment fee.
In the case that a medical emergency arises, staff members at Kid Mechanix have their CPR-C certification and have been trained to take appropriate measures considering the circumstances.
By enrolling your child at Kid Mechanix, you give permission for this, as well as permission to have your child examined by a physician if the necessity arises, and consent to emergency transportation if at any time, due to such circumstances as an accident, sudden illness, or emergency medical treatment is required.
It is imperative for the health and safety of others that your child must be kept home if your child is sick with any of the following:
- COVID-19 Symptoms: including any of the following: fever, coughing, extreme fatigue, body aches and pains. Please refer to the most up-t0-date COVID-19 from Public Health Ontario.
- Fever: defined as an elevation above the normal temperature of 98.6 Fahrenheit (37 Celsius) by mouth, or 99.6 Fahrenheit (37.5 Celsius) by rectum. A child should be fever-free for 24-hours before returning to Kid Mechanix.
- Gastrointestinal Distress (vomiting and/or diarrhea): the child should stay home for 48-hours after the symptoms have ceased.
- Rashes: a child with an unidentified rash that is spreading and/or getting worse should remain at home and checked by a physician.
- Swollen Throat: a child should remain home and checked by a physician for strep throat. This is an extremely contagious condition, and the child should not return to the centre until 24-hours after the start of medication.
- Pink Eye: any child with white or yellow eye discharge, eye pain, or redness in the eye, eyelid or skin surrounding the eye; should remain at home and be checked by a physician. This could be pink eye, an extremely contagious virus, please consult your child’s physician. Your child may return to school after 24-hours of antibiotic treatment.
- Influenza: a child who displays more than one of the following symptoms should stay at home and be checked by a physician; fever, vomiting, persistent coughing, congestion, chills, or muscle aches.
- Colds: a child who has a runny nose that is not clear should be kept home until it is clear. We understand that many children have runny noses for the duration of fall/winter and a clear runny nose may be acceptable (as long as it is not new or worsening). A child with a runny nose that is not clear (green/yellow) will be considered not well to attend. Similarly, if a child with a clear runny nose requires constant wiping that is interfering with instructor responsibilities, your child will be asked to remain at home until the cold has subsided.
If your child has a Contagious Disease, please notify the centre immediately. Your physician (or Public Health) will provide you with a timeline for return to group learning environments.
If is up to the discretion of Kid Mechanix to determine if a child is unwell and cannot be at the centre. If that is the case, parents will be contacted to pick up immediately and the session will be billed for the full amount. A physician’s note may be required in order for your child to return to Kid Mechanix.
Parents/Guardians understand and agree that their child(ren) will be symptom-free for 24-hours (48-hours for gastrointestinal distress) before returning to Kid Mechanix.
Assumption of Risk (COVID-19 and other illness)
Kid Mechanix is following strict cleaning and COVID-19 guidelines to ensure that staff, students, and families remain safe. Please arrive only a couple of minutes prior to the start time to limit the number of people congregating and waiting, unfortunately Kid Mechanix does not have a large indoor waiting area. Additionally, staff are unavailable to see clients sooner than their scheduled start time, as this may interfere with the clients they are currently working with, clean up and set up between clients, and possible break periods. Having many additional bodies in the learning space can be a distraction to many learners.
Attendance at Kid Mechanix (including but not limited to participation in activities at Kid Mechanix and transportation to and from Kid Mechanix) exposes children, their parents, household members, and all third parties that reasonably come in to contact with the child attending Kid Mechanix to contracting and spreading the virus which causes COVID-19, as well as other communicable illnesses. This virus may cause, directly or indirectly, to all such person’s serious bodily injury, including death, as well as property damage and/or economic losses (the “Risks”).
Risks are associated with children’s attendance at Kid Mechanix and by sending their children, parents freely accept and assume full responsibility for such risks.
Parents waive any and all claims (current and future) against Kid Mechanix in connection with their child’s attendance at Kid Mechanix that relate directly or indirectly to the contracting of the COVID-19 virus, or other illnesses, at Kid Mechanix (including during transportation to and from Kid Mechanix).
By sending your child, parents release and forever discharge Kid Mechanix from any and all liability for all loss, damage, expense, injury, illness or disease (caused directly or indirectly by COVID-19 or other illnesses), death, or property damage that their child, or any other party may suffer as a result of their child’s attendance at Kid Mechanix regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks, or due to any cause whatsoever, whether arising from negligence, breach of any statutory or other duty (including but not limited to the Occupiers Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.O2.), breach of contract, mistake or error of judgement of Kid Mechanix, or otherwise.
Parents agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kid Mechanix from any and all damages, loss or expense (including legal costs) of any kind howsoever resulting from any and all claims, demands, causes of action of any kind whatsoever, including those involving negligence on the part of Kid Mechanix arising out of or connected with Kid Mechanix’s operations of the centre and children’s attendance, participation, and travel to and from Kid Mechanix.
Guidelines for Responsible Conduct
Behaviour Analysts (BCBA’s) adhere to a code of ethics regarding responsible conduct. As a client, you have the right to lodge a complaint about professional practices of Behaviour Analysts with the BACB. Parents are encouraged to review this code: https://www.bacb/com/ethics
I consent for my child to receive an ABA assessment and treatment as required. I have been informed that:
- Any goals or changes to treatment goals will be discussed with the parent/guardian.
- The parent/guardian may choose to end any assessment or treatment session at any time.
- The parent/guardian can withdraw consent at any time.
- Electronic communication may not be secure and if I want to opt out of electronic communication by contacting Kid Mechanix directly.
Additionally, the following has been explained to me:
- Confidentiality and respect are ensured throughout the treatment process.
- Scheduled sessions that are cancelled with less than 24-hours will be billed the service fee.
- Either party may terminate this agreement with two weeks written notice to the other party. During this time, all services will continue. Some exceptions can be made for extenuating circumstances.
- Family involvement and input are an integral part of programming and success, Parents/Caregivers will be consulted on an ongoing basis.
- Any programming issues or concerns should be addressed directly with the BCBA on your child’s team.
- Additional consultation rates may be charged for: team meetings, school visits, phone calls over 30 minutes per week, and report writing.