Free Downloads: Enjoy our list of free resources! Come back soon as we update often! Behaviour Resources: Beginner Data Sheet Sample “Verbs” Program Description ABC Data Sheet Behaviour Contract Tolerates Haircut Task Analysis Visual Schedule Template Tolerates Transition Program Appropriate
What we offer: Webinars Workshops School/Teacher Training RBT Online Coursework For more information or to request a workshop in your location, contact us. Don't miss our next free training! Be the first to know about our next training! Success! There
Does your child have a language or speech delay? Has your child outgrown 1:1 ABA/IBI and needs a small group environment? Kid Mechanix, Inc. has partnered with First Foundations Children’s Academy, to offer integration with mainstream children. Kid Mechanix Academy now has two locations!
"Guess What" Program Description
Get kids to initiate conversation by teaching them to ask "Guess what..." "Guess where..." and "Guess who..." questions. Download our FREE program description and attached materials.
Success! Now check your email to receive your download.
- The Importance of Visuals and How They Promote IndependenceOn a recent post about visuals prompts, one of the questions we received was: “Why are you using visuals if the goal is for the student to […]
- My Child Needs ABA – Now What?!?What to Expect When Setting Up an ABA Program Finding out that your child is not developing as they should be can be very overwhelming. Maybe you’ve […]
- Can Conversation Be Scripted?We LOVE using visuals. Pictures make stories interesting and visual schedules give kids predictability and control. We also use these visuals in the […]
- Why Picture Communication Supports Talking (And Doesn’t Replace It)This is a continuation from last week – 5 Steps to a Simple Communication System. The concern I often hear is: Why should we use pictures if we want […]
- 5 Steps to a Simple Communication SystemI was observing a client of mine who is in a group setting. I couldn’t help but notice another student in the group (not one of mine). This other […]
- Transitions: 4 Tips to Prevent MeltdownsA child’s life is full of transitions. They go from their bed to the car to school to the playground, etc… For some children, this can be extremely […]
- Late Talker or Autism?Should I be concerned that my toddler isn’t talking? As parents, we know that our children go through phases and it’s often not worth worrying […]
- 4 Ways to Teach Kids to Initiate ConversationConversation is tricky. There are so many moving parts but many of us learn it incidentally. However, for some of our students, it’s not always as […]
- DTT, ABA, PRT, IBI – WTH???I thought I’d address some of what I’ve been hearing lately: “Do you offer ABA or IBI?” (from a parent) “I don’t do ABA, I do PRT” (from a […]
- Prepare Your Child or Student with ASD for SchoolThe beginning of a new school year can be an exciting time. For others, it evokes more fear and worry than glee. For our children and students with […]