Kid Mechanix, Inc. offers home-based ABA/IBI. Does your child have a language or speech delay? Has your child been diagnosed with autism or another developmental delay? Contact us today about ABA/IBI therapy and consulting services. Home-based ABA/IBI therapy and
Does your child have a language or speech delay? Has your child outgrown 1:1 ABA/IBI and needs a small group environment? Kid Mechanix, Inc. has partnered with First Foundations Children’s Academy, to offer integration with mainstream children. Kid Mechanix Academy now has two locations!
Free Downloads: Enjoy our list of free resources! Come back soon as we update often! Behaviour Resources: Functions of Behaviour Cheat Sheet ABC Data Sheet Sample Behaviour Contract “Tolerates Haircut” Task Analysis Visual Schedule Template Tolerates Transition Program Token Board
Are you creating an ABA program but don't know where to start?
Although ABA programs should be highly individualized, there are 5 program areas that we put into EVERY ABA program.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
- 6 Skills a Child Needs to Be Ready to Learn in a GroupParents often hesitate to remove their child from preschool or daycare in order for the child to receive 1:1 ABA. Understandably, parents want their […]
- How to Use ABA to Teach Social SkillsSocial skills is a common area that we tackle within an ABA program. Why is ABA the right approach to use when teaching social skills? Because in […]
- 6 ABA Strategies I Use in My Home (And Why a Reinforcement System Isn’t One of Them!)Balancing My Roles of “Behaviour Analyst” and “Mom” The two roles of “Behaviour Analyst” and “Mom” […]
- What is a BCBA?…And Why Do I Need One? I’ve been noticing lately that there are many practitioners who claim to “practice ABA” or “use the principles of ABA” […]
- Too Much of a Good Thing?If you could have an endless supply of one item – what would it be? Mine would be chocolate. I don’t think I could get sick of it. But there are […]
- The Prompt HierarchyWhat is a “prompt” and why is it part of an ABA program? Prompting is a strategy used to correct the learner and still increase learning. It is […]
- How to Implement and Use Token BoardsReinforcement is a common occurrence in our daily lives. Receiving a paycheck every month, getting a compliment from a friend, taking a coffee break […]
- The Importance of Visuals and How They Promote IndependenceOn a recent post about visuals prompts, one of the questions we received was: “Why are you using visuals if the goal is for the student to […]
- My Child Needs ABA – Now What?!?What to Expect When Setting Up an ABA Program Finding out that your child is not developing as they should be can be very overwhelming. Maybe you’ve […]
- Can Conversation Be Scripted?We LOVE using visuals. Pictures make stories interesting and visual schedules give kids predictability and control. We also use these visuals in the […]