Kid Mechanix, Inc. offers home-based ABA/IBI. Does your child have a language or speech delay? Has your child been diagnosed with autism or another developmental delay? Contact us today about ABA/IBI therapy and consulting services. Home-based ABA/IBI therapy and
Does your child have a language or speech delay? Has your child outgrown 1:1 ABA/IBI and needs a small group environment? Kid Mechanix, Inc. has partnered with First Foundations Children’s Academy, to offer integration with mainstream children. Kid Mechanix Academy now has two locations!
Free Downloads: Enjoy our list of free resources! Come back soon as we update often! Behaviour Resources: Functions of Behaviour Cheat Sheet ABC Data Sheet Sample Behaviour Contract “Tolerates Haircut” Task Analysis Visual Schedule Template Tolerates Transition Program Token Board
Are you creating an ABA program but don't know where to start?
Although ABA programs should be highly individualized, there are 5 program areas that we put into EVERY ABA program.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
- Using Video Modeling to Teach SkillsIn the field of ABA we often talk about using “evidence-based practices” in teaching skill. What does this mean? It means that when we are choosing […]
- ABA is More Than Good BehaviourWe recently met with a client who was referred to us for her young son with ASD who was not yet talking. In the process of getting the program […]
- Technology – Love It or Hate It?Before I had kids, I swore that my children wouldn’t be raised on television and media and I would never use a screen as a babysitter. For many […]
- The Shadow’s Role in the ClassroomWhat is a teacher to do when she is given a student that is difficult to manage or has learning challenges? It seems like the go-to solution for […]
- 5 Steps to Teaching Play SkillsSo often, we take for granted that kids like to play. We buy them toys, arrange play dates, and even take them to parks and public areas, all in the […]
- 6 Skills a Child Needs to Be Ready to Learn in a GroupParents often hesitate to remove their child from preschool or daycare in order for the child to receive 1:1 ABA. Understandably, parents want their […]
- How to Use ABA to Teach Social SkillsSocial skills is a common area that we tackle within an ABA program. Why is ABA the right approach to use when teaching social skills? Because in […]
- 6 ABA Strategies I Use in My Home (And Why a Reinforcement System Isn’t One of Them!)Balancing My Roles of “Behaviour Analyst” and “Mom” The two roles of “Behaviour Analyst” and “Mom” […]
- What is a BCBA?…And Why Do I Need One? I’ve been noticing lately that there are many practitioners who claim to “practice ABA” or “use the principles of ABA” […]
- Too Much of a Good Thing?If you could have an endless supply of one item – what would it be? Mine would be chocolate. I don’t think I could get sick of it. But there are […]